Welcome to the Kent-Delord House Museum!
The Kent-Delord House Museum is this region’s only historic house museum and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
“Of all the buildings that afford glimpses of Plattsburgh’s early years, the oldest in its original form and one of the most attractive is the Kent-Delord House. Whereas other homes of that era have either been torn down, burned or modified beyond recognition, the Kent-Delord House looks the way it did when Henry Delord added to the earlier Bailey House in 1811 – 1814. Mr. Kent had nothing to do with it.” *
The house was built in 1797 by William Bailey, who later deeded the property to his father Col. John Bailey and who in turn, deeded it to his daughter Elizabeth, wife of James Kent, a prominent lawyer in Albany.
The house “bears the double name of the Kent-Delord House, a misnomer that crept into usage in the twentieth century” * There is no evidence that the Kents or the Colonel ever lived in the house.
* Henry Delord and His Family by Allan S. Everest, George Little Press, Burlington, Vt. 1979
The Kent-Delord House Museum is available for tours from June 4 through October 7.
In May Museum is open Tues. – Fri. from 11 AM – 3 PM
June, July, Aug. & Sept. Museum is open Tues. – Sat. from 11 AM – 3 PM
Please call the Museum at (518) 561-1035 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your tour!
Adults (including Seniors) $5
Students, up to age 18 years $3
Canadian money is accepted at par
Members and Current Military: FREE!
We do not receive any funding from local, state or federal government sources.