A Landmark Continuing to Serve
The house was a simple one-story frame building when Henry Delord purchased it from Mrs. James Kent in 1810. Delord drew his own plans for the expansion of what is now a rare and stately structure. The home remained with the family for over a century. After the death of Fannie Delord Hall, the house was bequeathed to Physicians Hospital. In 1924, William T. Miner purchased it. After extensive renovations, he set up a Trust to establish it as a museum for the citizens of the area. In 1971, the Kent-Delord House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Kent-Delord House Museum is not limited to the structure alone—that is only one part of the story. The furnishings, outstanding collection of artwork, and carefully chronicled family documents are a truly unique resource reflecting the development of our heritage
Today the Kent-Delord House Museum is open to let visitors observe life styles of various nineteenth century periods in not only the North Country, but in our nation. The stories of the Delord family and the illustrious visitors to their home give us personal glimpses into the events of that time period. Join us to recapture history as it was made at the mouth of the Saranac River on Lake Champlain!*
*The Kent Delord House, Americana, Next Door.
The Kent-Delord House Museum is available for tours from May 14th through October 4th.
May 17th- Oct 8th Museum is open Tues. – Sat. from 11 AM – 3 PM
Please call the Museum at (518) 561-1035 or email us at [email protected] to schedule your tour!
- Adults (including Seniors) $10
- Students, up to age 18 years $5
- Members and Current Military: FREE!
— Canadian money is accepted at par
— We do not receive any funding from local, state or federal government sources.
Visitors may be photographed by Museum staff or volunteers. These
images may be used in display materials to publicize the Museum in print and/or online and may be distributed to the media. Please inform the photographer if you would not like to be photographed.
Flash photography and selfie-sticks are not allowed in the Museum.
Camera tripods and lights are prohibited on Museum property except when permission has been granted by the Director.