The Kent-Delord House Museum Board of Trustees is seeking a Director to oversee the overall operations
of the Museum including general and financial management. The Board desires an innovative leader who
can further develop the Museum’s vision and mission.
The Director serves asthe main spokesperson for the Museum, acts as a liaison between the membership
and the Board, attends Board meetings and prepares Board reports.
The Director develops interpretive and educational programs that promote the Museum creating an
atmosphere where visitors want to learn about the Delord story and return with friends and family. The
Director plans special events and seeks a variety of funding sources such as grants and corporate
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience
- An interest in history and experience in museum and/or nonprofit operations
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and public speaking
- Is proficient at seeking and applying for grants
- Is proficient at managing funding campaigns
- Excellent partnership skills with the ability to work with private and public sectors
- Flexible and cooperative approach to problem solving
- Maintains a positive attitude that encourages participation and enthusiasm
- Creates an organizational culture that appreciates and respects differences and demonstrates a willingness to collaborate and compromise
- Displays integrity, persuasiveness and creativity
- Is able to work independently, is organized and deadline oriented
Anticipated Salary $24,000 -$25,000.
Hours Average of 24 hrs. per week.
Please email a completed application, available here: KDHM Director Application.docx along with a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to the search committee at [email protected] by December 28, 2018. Alternatively, you can fill out our online application form.